It is the survivor's right to choose whether to report rape, sexual assault or sexual harassment.

When deciding whether or not to report sexual assault or misconduct to the police, it is important to know what will be involved in the process.

1. How can I report to the police?

If you are in immediate danger, you should contact Triple Zero 000 for emergency support. If you are out of immediate danger, you can report the incident to police in the following ways:

If you have any questions about the police reporting process, you can call the Statewide Sexual Assault Helpline on 1800 010 120 or visit the Queensland Police Service website.

Need emergency support?

If you are experiencing an emergency or need urgent support in relation to an experience of sexual assault or harassment, then you can call:

  • +61 7 3365 3333 UQ Security for on campus emergencies
  • 000 for immediate police or ambulance assistance
  • 1800 Respect 1800 737 732 for 24/7 counselling support
  • Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) 07 3646 5207 for 24/7 Acute Response
  • External community support options in Queensland